Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kafka mode*

I am in great perplexity.

It is not because I don't know what to do; but because I know what I want to do, but don't know how to.

This shit happens when you feel like justice has forsaken you; when you have tried your very best to be the idealistic you, but now you are in the worst situation, even worse than those of the lovers of injustice.

I can't understand why apathy can make one happy, or why success sometimes necessitates cheating.

I believed in justice. In true education. In Socrates. Now, I am a gadfly who would soon drink the hemlock.

Yeah right. This drama is due to leaving law school. Yes, I left law school. I love the study of law, the recitations, the statutes, and the terror professors. I left law school because I am a gadfly who would soon be drinking hemlock.

I will go back. I am not sure when, how, and even where. Ayoko lang masira ang tingin ko sa batas at sa sistema ng edukasyon sa pamamagitan ng pamamalagi sa isang institusyon.


* The first sentence in Kafka's "A Country Doctor" is "I was in great perplexity."

No comments: