Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Readiness

I was dead for four years, two months and a few days. I was extremely consumed by my pursuit of a dream I have been dreaming since I was seven that I have now forsaken my pursuit of arete. Battles were fought. Negotiations took place. Sacrifices were made. There was an illusion of eudaemonia (or at least a pursuit thereof) during this period of battles, negotiations and sacrifices.

To be sure, the illusion still exists; for I am still in the same period of battles, negotiations and sacrifices. I have obligated myself to persuade the audience, and even myself, that my current state of ineffable death is in line with a pursuit of something way better than what the mundane world can offer. But I was wrong. And I have already known this mistake a long time ago.  

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, so they say. But not in this tunnel. Not anymore. While I cannot deny that there was some light within and at the end of this tunnel, it has become unmistakable that said light has now been overshadowed by an unbearable darkness.

And so I have to leave. I am now ready for an exit. I hope the future is too.

No comments: