Sunday, February 15, 2009

my (or am I) fair lady

I went to los banos last night. What makes it special to some is that it was the Valentine's day (yeah, to some... only to some). But what makes last night so special to me is that it was the only time I had the chance to see my college friends after a long time. And we picked the right date to meet - the last day of the feb fair. God knows how I really miss uplb. That's why I'm so thankful that I'm finally given the time and opportunity to go to my elbi.

What I thought was that I would have the same feeling about the fair the way I used to feel about it when I was still in college. I was wrong. Back in college, I used to feel like I'm one of those who own the fair. But last night, I was just a mere spectator - just like the other non-uplb students walking there. Then I realized, I am getting old. I'm no longer among those elbi pips who could walk along the field and see an acquaintance in almost every booth.

This feeling of being old made me realize another thing - I had never celebrated feb. 14 as the valentine's day my whole life. If there were times when I would celebrate on the 14th of feb, that is because it was part of the uplb feb fair or that it's seven days before my birthday. Which made me ask, am I not that fair enough to become a fair lady worthy to romantically celebrate this day? I can't answer the question the same way I can't understand why I can't stop living in the past.

In my quest to answer the question, it finally came to me that I haven't studied for criminal law II yet. Now I know the answer: Focus. After all, what everybody knows is that you are focused.

No comments: